- This event has passed.
Fly Fishing 101
May 24, 2015 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM$140.00
Tight Lines Fly Fishing schools will give you the skills necessary to become a successful angler. Fly Fishing can be an intimidating sport, but with our comprehensive school, we’ll make it much more user-friendly. Our classes are held to a limited number of students in order to ensure a student to teacher ratio that provides plenty of one on one attention. This one day school takes place over approximately 8 hours-handouts, lunch, and refreshments are provided.
- Learn about rods, reels, and wading gear
- Put the equipment together and learn the importance of knot tying
Reading the water
- Learn to identify the different sport fish found in Wisconsin
- Introduction to holding water and how to recognize it through a slide presentation.
- Learn what the fish eat and what flies represent this food.
- Hands-on opportunity to see examples of insects and other sources of food with preserved specimens as well as a slide show.
To conclude the day, students will have the opportunity to put a rod and reel in their hand and learn the most important ingredient of successful fly fishing. The casting portion is held outdoors whenever possible, and indoors during the winter and spring months.
The Fly Fishing 101 School is a one day event. A class will also be held on May 3rd, 2015.